1 hr 10 mins
This is a traditional hollow bread-like muffin-looking side that's not pudding at all. It will replace plain bread or rolls with your meals forever. It is a recipe perfected by and passed on to me by my grandmother. Your children and grandchildren will feel special to have this on their plate as it is fun to fill with gravy. Serve on Thanksgiving, Christmas or with any home cooked meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Grease LARGE muffin tin's well.
- 3In medium bowl beat eggs until frothy.
- 4Add milk and butter.
- 5Beat in flour and salt.
- 6Fill muffin tins 3/4 full; bake 1 hour.
- 7Do not be alarmed if filling puffs up around sides and appears to grow, this is normal.
- 8A wonderful side to any traditional meal.
- 9Serve with gravy, butter, salt or my favorite-just plain.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yorkshire Pudding or Popovers
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.5
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 126.7 mg
- Sodium 290.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 6.6 g