Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a traditional hollow bread-like muffin-looking side that's not pudding at all. It will replace plain bread or rolls with your meals forever. It is a recipe perfected by and passed on to me by my grandmother. Your children and grandchildren will feel special to have this on their plate as it is fun to fill with gravy. Serve on Thanksgiving, Christmas or with any home cooked meal.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease LARGE muffin tin's well.
- In medium bowl beat eggs until frothy.
- Add milk and butter.
- Beat in flour and salt.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full; bake 1 hour.
- Do not be alarmed if filling puffs up around sides and appears to grow, this is normal.
- A wonderful side to any traditional meal.
- Serve with gravy, butter, salt or my favorite-just plain.