Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A nice departure from those over-sweetened and marshmallowed, almost dessert side dishes that so frequently accompany holiday meals. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Preheat oven to 350F and butter a casserole dish.
- Peel potatoes and boil until soft.
- Mash and add remaining ingredients.
- Beat well and pour into prepared casserole.
- Dot with additional butter and bake until brown, 30 to 40 minutes.