A nice departure from those over-sweetened and marshmallowed, almost dessert side dishes that so frequently accompany holiday meals. From the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350F and butter a casserole dish.
- 2Peel potatoes and boil until soft.
- 3Mash and add remaining ingredients.
- 4Beat well and pour into prepared casserole.
- 5Dot with additional butter and bake until brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yam or Sweet Potato Puff
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.4
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 90.8 mg
- Sodium 602.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 12.2 g
- Protein 5.1 g