1 hr 20 mins
This is an amalgamation of a few mulled wine recipes and it turned out great! The easiest method is to substitute out the spices and zest for a pre-made tea bag of mulling spices (one tea bag per 16 ounces so this recipe would need about 3) but I've included the spices here in case that's not available. Any red wine will do but I think the merlot has a nice balanced flavor for this. The vermouth really adds a nice layer to the warmth and taste of this wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add the bottle of wine to a crock pot or large sauce pan over medium heat (High for the crock pot).
- 2Add the cider and vermouth.
- 3Make a pouch from cheesecloth with the cinnamon, cloves, allspice, and zest and tie the opening closed. (Another option is to just throw all the spices in the pot and strain the mixture later.).
- 4Add the spice bag, citrus slices, and brown sugar to the wine.
- 5Simmer over medium heat without boiling until hot (about 30 minutes).
- 6Remove the spice bag and lower the heat just to keep the mixture hot.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wonderful Mulled Wine
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: