Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This casserole is tasty comfort food in my family. Don't toss the seeds, they're better than pumpkin for roasting! Try RitaL's Spicy Roasted Butternut Seeds / Pumpkin Seeds Spicy Roasted Squash Seeds
- Cut squash into pieces, pare and remove seeds.
- Cook in boiling salted water for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain well and put pan back onto heat, shaking it to allow excess water to evaporate.
- Mash the squash; stir in butter, sour cream, onion, salt and pepper.
- Turn into a greased 1 1/2-qt casserole and bake uncovered in a 350° oven for about 30 minutes.