1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Very tasty, moist dressing. This recipe is enough stuffing for a 16 lb Turkey
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 cups chicken broth or 7 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 cups wild rice
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice (basmati)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups celery, chopped
- 1/2 lb mushroom, cleaned & sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 cup madeira wine
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1Bring 6 1/2 cups of the broth and the bay leaf to a boil (use a fairly large saucepan).
- 2Add wild rice and simmer the wild rice covered for 30 minutes, add long grain rice, keep covered and cook for apprx 20 minutes more.
- 3Watch that the rice does not burn because the stock will be absorbed (if necessary add a touch of water if the rice is not cooked) Transfer the rice to a large bowl.
- 4Melt the butter in a skillet, add onions& celery, saute for 10 minutes.
- 5Add mushrooms, garlic & thyme, continue sauteing until the mushrooms are tender (8 minutes) Add Madeira, bring to a boil.
- 6Pour mushroom mixture over the rice.
- 7Stir in the beaten eggs and remaining 1/2 cup stock.
- 8Add pecans & parsley.
- 9mix well.
- 10Ready to stuff your favorite bird as soon as it has cooled.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Rice & Pecan Stuffing for Poultry
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.1
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 55.5 mg
- Sodium 528.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 10.4 g