2 hrs 30 mins
A nice alternative for those who don't like overly fruity and very dark spicy fruitcakes. This one is light with just enough fruit and no added spices!
My Private Note
Large r ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 1/2 cups candied pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups candied cherries
- 1 1/2 cups slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 cups light raisins
- 1 cup flour, mixed with fruit until fruit is thoroughly coated
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1Cream together butter, sugar, and almond extract.
- 2Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3Add remaining dry ingredients alternately with pineapple juice.
- 4(Make three dry and three liquid additions, combining lightly after each).
- 5Add floured fruit, mix well.
- 6BAKING: Place batter in prepared cake pan/pans.
- 7Can be baked in a spring form pan, Bundt pan or 2 loaf pans.
- 8Bake times will vary depending on pan size chosen so time shown is only an estimate.
- 9You the instruction given to test for doneness.
- 10Put a small pan filled with water in the oven.
- 11(To prevent the cake from drying too much) Place pan/pans in oven.
- 12Bake at 275°F for 2 hours (Test to see if cake is baked by inserting a long skewer or knitting needle into cake. If the item comes out clean, the cake is cooked. If batter is attached to the item, the cake needs to bake longer.).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Fruitcake
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.8
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 83.3 mg
- Sodium 273.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 33.5 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: