Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A nice alternative for those who don't like overly fruity and very dark spicy fruitcakes. This one is light with just enough fruit and no added spices!
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups candied pineapple
- 1 1⁄2 cups candied cherries
- 1 1⁄2 cups slivered almonds
- 1 1⁄2 cups light raisins
- 1 cup flour, mixed with fruit until fruit is thoroughly coated
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- Cream together butter, sugar, and almond extract.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add remaining dry ingredients alternately with pineapple juice.
- (Make three dry and three liquid additions, combining lightly after each).
- Add floured fruit, mix well.
- BAKING: Place batter in prepared cake pan/pans.
- Can be baked in a spring form pan, Bundt pan or 2 loaf pans.
- Bake times will vary depending on pan size chosen so time shown is only an estimate.
- You the instruction given to test for doneness.
- Put a small pan filled with water in the oven.
- (To prevent the cake from drying too much) Place pan/pans in oven.
- Bake at 275°F for 2 hours (Test to see if cake is baked by inserting a long skewer or knitting needle into cake. If the item comes out clean, the cake is cooked. If batter is attached to the item, the cake needs to bake longer.).