1/1 Photo of Warm Moroccan Style Salad
bluemoon downunder's Note:
A Moroccan style vegetable salad using some frozen vegetables - peas, carrots and cauliflower - canned chickpeas and some fresh vegetables - eggplant and spinach leaves - served with tangy yoghurt dressing. Vary the vegetables to meet your personal taste preferences and the availability of vegetables. Adapted from the Simply Great Recipes Club website. Serve with a Moroccan dish such as Moroccan Chicken With Preserved Lemons and Couscous Moroccan Chicken With Preserved Lemons and Couscous, Moroccan Lamb With Tomato & Couscous Moroccan Lamb With Tomato & Couscous or Moroccan-Style Chicken Moroccan-Style Chicken, or with any grilled or BBQd meats.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 500 g frozen peas carrots and cauliflower
- 1 small eggplant, cubed
- 300 g chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon mild moroccan mixed spice
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1Heat the oil in a large pan or wok, preferably non-stick; add the garlic and onion and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- 2Stir in the frozen vegetables, eggplant, chick peas and Moroccan spice mix and stir-fry for 6-7 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile in a small bowl combine the yoghurt, mint, honey and cumin.
- 4Toss the spinach leaves through vegetables, spoon onto a serving plate and drizzle with the dressing.
- 5Serve immediately.
- 6Notes: Moroccan spice mix is available in the herb and spice section at the super market.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Moroccan Style Salad
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.3
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.9 mg
- Sodium 275.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen peas carrots and cauliflower