A Moroccan style vegetable salad using some frozen vegetables - peas, carrots and cauliflower - canned chickpeas and some fresh vegetables - eggplant and spinach leaves - served with tangy yoghurt dressing. Vary the vegetables to meet your personal taste preferences and the availability of vegetables. Adapted from the Simply Great Recipes Club website. Serve with a Moroccan dish such as Moroccan Chicken With Preserved Lemons and Couscous Moroccan Chicken With Preserved Lemons and Couscous, Moroccan Lamb With Tomato & Couscous Moroccan Lamb With Tomato & Couscous or Moroccan-Style Chicken Moroccan-Style Chicken, or with any grilled or BBQd meats.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 500 g frozen peas carrots and cauliflower
- 1 small eggplant, cubed
- 300 g chickpeas, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mild moroccan mixed spice
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup natural yoghurt or 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Heat the oil in a large pan or wok, preferably non-stick; add the garlic and onion and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Stir in the frozen vegetables, eggplant, chick peas and Moroccan spice mix and stir-fry for 6-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl combine the yoghurt, mint, honey and cumin.
- Toss the spinach leaves through vegetables, spoon onto a serving plate and drizzle with the dressing.
- Serve immediately.
- Notes: Moroccan spice mix is available in the herb and spice section at the super market.