1/1 Photo of Vegan (Strict Vegetarian) Pumpkin Pie
2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 30 mins
If you've never tried a non-dairy version of this pie, or if pumpkin pie is an entirely new idea for you, you should try this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (350 g) boxes silken tofu, drained
- 2 cups of cooked pumpkin
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar, not packed tight
- 1 dash salt
- 7 teaspoons blended pumpkin pie spice
pumpkin pie spice
- 1Heat oven to 375F.
- 2Blend the tofu in a food processor or with a blender until smooth and cream-like; the blending may take three or four minutes total.
- 3Stop the machine every once in a while to scrape large pieces of tofu down into the machine's blades.
- 4Add two heaping cups of cooked pumpkin and blend some more, again stopping the machine and scraping the mixture down.
- 5The result should be a light orange-colored paste with no lumps of tofu.
- 6Put the paste into a large mixing bowl and add the sugar, salt, and spices.
- 7Mix well and spoon it into two pie crusts; top with small bits of crust cut into shapes, if desired.
- 8Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until the crusts are dark brown (but not burned).
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan (Strict Vegetarian) Pumpkin Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 788.9
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 157.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 160.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 139.6 g
- Protein 18.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegan pie crusts