Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Vanilla Wafer Cake with coconut
Make and share this Vanilla Wafer Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Cream butter and sugar in bowl.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla wafer crumbs and milk, mixing well.
- Stir in coconut and pecans.
- Pour into well-greased tube pan.
- Bake at 275°F for 2 hours or until cake tests done.
Very delicious! The cake reminded me a little of a rich banana bread without the bananas. I tried to make it with Splenda instead of sugar at first, but the taste was very dull, so I completed it with sugar. Easy recipe that will stand nicely at room temperature for at least 3 days. Will definitely make this recipe again!
well, that was a cholesterol laden, coconutty slice of yummy un-healthy goodness!!! Soooo good and simple...I don't have a tube pan, but a 13x9 at 275 for about 90 minutes or less worked well
I use to make this cake years ago and lost the recipe. This is the one I lost!! It is absolutely woderful!!!