Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
This a staple in Ukrainian homes and these pancakes will store well in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. In many homes, preserves or jam is also served on these delicious pancakes.
- 1 large onion, grated
- 6 potatoes, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs
- salt, to taste
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 fluid ounces sour cream
- 8 fluid ounces heavy cream
- In a large bowl, use a mixer to puree the ingredients except the sour cream and cream- you may also do this in a food processor or a blender.
- Heat oil in a skillet and when hot drop large spoonfuls of the mixture; cook until browned on one side, and then flip them and repeat.
- When done remove, drain, and place in a warm oven.
- Mix the sour cream and cream together.
- Serve warm with large dollops of the cream mixture!
made half the pancake recipe without the cream/sour cream sauce. it tasted exactly like what we had in the restaurant but i was stingy with oil and it would have been better fried rather than just pan fried. i used med heat.