Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Bright golden and orange and bursting with flavor, these make an excellent and unusual thanksgiving side dish -- also, they're a quite healthy addition to the indulgent spread! Very high in potassium, vitamin C, vitamin A, and fiber
- Wash the sweet potatoes. Pierce the peel in 6-8 places, place both in microwave and nuke for 4-6 minutes, until partially cooked.
- While sweet potatoes are cooking, peel plantains and slice into medium rounds.
- Slice sweet potatoes into chunks. My preferred method it to quarter them and then chunk the quarters like a banana. Nice triangular pieces are good for presentation.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or nonstick frying pan.
- On medium to medium-high heat, fry sweet potato and plantain slices together, stirring and flipping to prevent sticking or burning.
- Grate sea salt over slices during frying process.
- Drain and shake onto serving plate. Best hot! Reheat well in oven or toaster oven after refrigeration, poorly in microwave.
This was great I addded Rosemary and cajun spice and we loved it colours were awesome