Bright golden and orange and bursting with flavor, these make an excellent and unusual thanksgiving side dish -- also, they're a quite healthy addition to the indulgent spread! Very high in potassium, vitamin C, vitamin A, and fiber
My Private Note
side se ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the sweet potatoes. Pierce the peel in 6-8 places, place both in microwave and nuke for 4-6 minutes, until partially cooked.
- 2While sweet potatoes are cooking, peel plantains and slice into medium rounds.
- 3Slice sweet potatoes into chunks. My preferred method it to quarter them and then chunk the quarters like a banana. Nice triangular pieces are good for presentation.
- 4Heat olive oil in a large skillet or nonstick frying pan.
- 5On medium to medium-high heat, fry sweet potato and plantain slices together, stirring and flipping to prevent sticking or burning.
- 6Grate sea salt over slices during frying process.
- 7Drain and shake onto serving plate. Best hot! Reheat well in oven or toaster oven after refrigeration, poorly in microwave.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Two-Tone Tostones
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.7
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 16.1 g
- Protein 1.4 g