1/2 Photos of The Ultimate Carrot Cake
This really is an excellent carrot cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 (1 lb) bag carrot, grated
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Sift together the flours, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and ginger onto a sheet of waxed paper.
- 3Mix the sugars together in a large bowl.
- 4Stir in the buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- 5Stir in the flour mixture, grated carrots, chopped pecans, coconut and raisins.
- 6Stir until well blended.
- 7Grease and flour three 9 inch round cake pans.
- 8Line each prepared pan with wax or parchment paper that has also been greased and waxed.
- 9Pour equal amounts into each of the cake pans.
- 10Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of each comes out clean.
- 11Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
- 12Turn out onto cooling racks, remove wax paper and allow to cool completely.
- 13In a large bowl beat the butter and cream cheese together until light.
- 14Add the confectioners sugar, orange peel and vanilla mixing until smooth.
- 15Spread frosting between layers and stack evenly.
- 16Frost the top and sides of cake.
- 17Decorate with perfect pecan halves.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Ultimate Carrot Cake
Serving Size: 1 (3223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 11811.3
- Calories from Fat 6500
- Total Fat 722.3 g
- Saturated Fat 197.5 g
- Cholesterol 1349.3 mg
- Sodium 6251.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1302.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 90.7 g
- Sugars 1001.5 g
- Protein 136.2 g