1/5 Photos of The Bestest Butter Cookies (Rolled)
My mother in law has been making these for Christmas for years and years. I make them for all holidays, using different cookie cutters for whatever occasion. They are the best when they are frosted, but sometimes I just sprinkle on colored sugar before baking. I call them "Play Dough" cookies because that's what the dough smells like to me! (Don't worry, they don't taste like Play Dough :) Chilling time is not included.
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and sugar well.
- 2Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
- 3Combine baking powder and flour.
- 4Add gradually to creamed mixture.
- 5Chill until firm.
- 6Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 7Roll out dough to about 1/4" thickness and cut into desired shapes.
- 8Bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
- 9When cool, decorate with frosting or icing if desired.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Bestest Butter Cookies (Rolled)
Serving Size: 1 (2525 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1176.2
- Calories from Fat 586
- Total Fat 65.1 g
- Saturated Fat 40.0 g
- Cholesterol 256.5 mg
- Sodium 672.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 134.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 50.4 g
- Protein 15.0 g