I call it this because that what everyone else calls it! I get requests for this every Thanksgiving and even diehard pumpkin pie haters have been converted after tasting it. Serve with softly whipped cream or some good vanilla ice cream. Please note: If planning to make just one pie, I recommond using a deep dish pie shell as the recipe makes enough filling for two regular pies.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl combine the pumpkin puree, condensed milk, eggs, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- Mix well and turn into the crust.
- Bake 15 minutes; reduce the oven temperature to 350° and bake another 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted 1-inch from the edge comes out clean.
- Cool before cutting.
- Garnish with whipped cream.
- Refrigerate leftovers.