Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A way to use up holiday leftovers
Make and share this Thanksgiving Pie (Leftovers Shepherd's Pie) recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups cooked turkey, shredded (or chicken or roast beef)
- 3 -4 cups cooked vegetables (I use carrots, corn, onions, green beans, and peas)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup gravy (to match meat flavor) or 1 -1 1⁄2 cup one can cream of chicken soup
- 3 -4 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 egg
- Heat vegetables, meat, and gravy on the stove until warmed then pour into a greased casserole dish.
- Mix mashed potatoes with egg and spread over the warmed filling.
- Bake at 400°F for about 25-30 minutes until filling is bubbly.
- Want a change? Sprinkle cheese on top, or mash ranch dressing mix into the potatoes with 2 TBS sour cream.
Anme, your recipe was fabulous and simple. I chose this one over some others, since I didn't think it needed the additional starch of stuffing. I think it tasted better layered than when originally served, since the gravy flavors all the parts! The egg makes the potatoes puff up a bit, too. Both my teens preferred it this way! I used leftover gravy and sprinkled with pepper. Thanks for posting.
We loved this version of shepard's pie! I had frozen my left over turkey from Thanksgiving so I used up the last of that in this dish. I really loved the addition of the gravy, that's really what makes this special. Thanks for posting this awesome recipe Anme!
We really enjoyed this, used left over veggies and beef and sausage meatballs, sprinkled the top with cheese. Great recipe to use up those left overs thats, ill be using this again.