1/2 Photos of Thai Chicken with Ginger and Mushrooms - Gai King
Sue Lau's Note:
Adapted from the "Original Thai Cookbook". Has all the typical Thai stir-fry flavors in it. You could use dried mushrooms if you wish, but be sure to soak them first.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 onion, cut into slivers
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 8 shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 5 green onions, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- Thai red chili pepper, slivered (amount to taste)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or 1 teaspoon palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- steamed jasmine rice
- 1In a small dish, mix together vinegar, fish sauce and brown sugar until brown sugar dissolves; set aside.
- 2Heat oil in wok and stir-fry onions, garlic and chicken for 2 minutes for 2-3 minutes or until onions are limp.
- 3Add soy sauce, ginger, mint, mushrooms, green onions, chilies and cook until chicken is cooked through.
- 4Working fast, add vinegar, brown sugar, and fish sauce mixture to chicken and take off the heat.
- 5Serve at once with steamed jasmine rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Chicken with Ginger and Mushrooms - Gai King
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.1
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 1416.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 39.4 g