Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is expected at Thanksgiving Dinner.
Make and share this Texas Pecan Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- Combine butter, sugar, corn syrup, salt, and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl; beat well.
- Add eggs, and beat well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
Wow! This is really good. My family's recipe uses dark Karo (yuk) and only three eggs. Like another reviewer, I think using four eggs makes a big difference in the texture. Thanks so much for posting. This is a keeper! :)
This recipe makes an excellent pecan pie!! I have used the Karo Syrup pecan pie recipe forever and I just wanted to try something a little different. I still used Karo light corn syrup but followed your recipe. I cut the sugar back to 2/3 cup and could not tell any difference in the texture. In fact, I like the texture of this pie, with 4 eggs, better than the old one I used which called for 3 eggs. This is definitely a delicious pie! Thanks for sharing! :-)
Very easy, very yummy pie. I used a 3/4 cup of sugar and didn't miss the difference a bit.