Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Creamy sweet potatoes topped with a crunchy pecan topping that has melted/caramelized into a delicious layer between the topping and the potatoes.
- Wash potatoes and bake them in a 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until fork tender.
- Slice cooked potatoes in half and scoop out the insides into a large bowl.
- Add the sugar, milk, eggs, vanilla, and salt; mash with a potato masher.
- In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, pecans, flour, and butter.
- Mash together with a pastry cutter or fork, until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the sweet potato mixture in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture all over the top.
- Bake at 400 for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.