Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A way to use bulk yams or sweet potatoes when you can get them for a good price. You can do with or without orange rind.
- 8 large sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 14 large marshmallows
- 3 cups corn flake crumbs
- Mix together mashed sweet potatoes, eggs, butter, orange rid, brown sugar& vanilla.
- Form into 14 large balls.
- Place in center of each ball 1 large marshmallow and cover it well with mashed-potato mixture.
- Roll ball in cornflake crumbs.
- Flash freeze and bag for freezer.
- When ready to serve, defrost and bake at 400F in buttered baking dish for 10 minutes.
Also very good with pecan pieces and/or coconut flakes rolled in with the cornflake crumbs and sprinkled with brown sugar.
These are a definate hit!
These were really good, but I think it needs just a little more brown sugar in it, will probably add a little more next time!