2 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Hey Jude's Note:
This makes a lovely first course for an Autumn dinner party. I love using wonton wrappers to make ravioli, they're so easy to work with! This is my adaptation of a recipe I found in "Treasury of Cooking Healthy"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh chives
- 1/4 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour, plus
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Preheat oven to 350° Bake sweet potatoes 40-45 minutes or until tender; cool completely and then peel them and mash the pulp Stir in yogurt, chives and sage.
- 2Place wonton wrappers on counter Spoon 1 rounded tsp of potato mixture in the center of each wonton Spread filling kind of flat but leave a 1/2 inch border; brush edges lightly with water, fold them in half diagonally and press edges lightly to seal Place the filled wontons on a baking sheet and cover them loosely with plastic wrap.
- 3Bring 1 1/2 quarts of water to a boil in a large saucepan; reduce heat to medium, then add a few ravioli at a time (do not overcrowd) Cook until tender, about 9 minutes then transfer to a platter with a slotted spoon.
- 4Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat Stir in flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly Gradually stir in milk and chicken broth; cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 4 minutes, then stir in cheese, nutmeg, white pepper and cinnamon.
- 5Spoon 3 tablespoons of sauce onto individual plates Place 3 ravioli onto each plate.
- 6You can sprinkle additional chopped fresh sage over as a garnish.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet potato ravioli with asiago cheese sauce
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.8
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 6.3 mg
- Sodium 187.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: