Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This makes a lovely first course for an Autumn dinner party. I love using wonton wrappers to make ravioli, they're so easy to work with! This is my adaptation of a recipe I found in "Treasury of Cooking Healthy"
- 3⁄4 lb sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh chives
- 1⁄4 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour, plus
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350° Bake sweet potatoes 40-45 minutes or until tender; cool completely and then peel them and mash the pulp Stir in yogurt, chives and sage.
- Place wonton wrappers on counter Spoon 1 rounded tsp of potato mixture in the center of each wonton Spread filling kind of flat but leave a 1/2 inch border; brush edges lightly with water, fold them in half diagonally and press edges lightly to seal Place the filled wontons on a baking sheet and cover them loosely with plastic wrap.
- Bring 1 1/2 quarts of water to a boil in a large saucepan; reduce heat to medium, then add a few ravioli at a time (do not overcrowd) Cook until tender, about 9 minutes then transfer to a platter with a slotted spoon.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat Stir in flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly Gradually stir in milk and chicken broth; cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 4 minutes, then stir in cheese, nutmeg, white pepper and cinnamon.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of sauce onto individual plates Place 3 ravioli onto each plate.
- You can sprinkle additional chopped fresh sage over as a garnish.
This is very tender and sweet ravioli with a rich creamy sauce. My husband ate these even though he doesn`t like sweet potatoes. Make sure you have a crowd to eat these because they are very delicate to be reheated in one piece.I didn`t care they tasted just as good reheated. I cooked 1 large sweet potatoe in the microwave oven for 8 minutes. added cinnamon and nutmeg to the filling. Then followed the rest of the directions.
Tried this at Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. Everyone loved it. The sauce was outstanding.