Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
This is a variation on the Libby's Pumpkin Pie recipe (the one on the back of the can). All I did was replace the can of pumpkin pie with the sweet potato. Everyone I served it to at Thanksgiving said it was better than the pumpkin pie.
- Prepare pie shells.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Blend sweet potato until all the lumps are gone.
- Beat eggs lightly in large bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients in order given.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425F degrees.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Insert toothpick in center to test, should come out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
I've been using the exact same recipe for years - it just makes sense. The only thing I do differently, is to bake the sweet potatoes, rather than boil. It's super easy to peel them this way, and they retain even more flavor. I was gonna post this recipe, but saw your's. Kudos!
This recipe is easy. The pie is creamy better than pumpkin pie.
My grandmother uses the Libby recipe for her pumpkin pie, so I thought I'd see how it worked on sweet potatoes too. The recipe yielded just a little more pie filling than would fit into a 9-inch crust, but the end result was delicious. I used a food processor to thoroughly mix everything, which seemed to give it lots of little "air bubbles" so I'll try it by hand next time. I never made OR ate a sweet potato pie before, but was very happy with the overall results of this one & will certainly try it again! Thanks so much for sharing this one! :)