One day I decided to make sweet potato pie & I didn't know what to put in it. I looked at a couple of recipes online to get the measurement ideas. I just started putting in a little bit of everything & it came out delicious! My family & friends wanted more so I even made a second batch!
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pull out pie shell and let thaw.
- Mash sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Put the 2 beaten eggs in the potato mixture & mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix together white sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, brown sugar, & flour. Pour into the potato mixture & blend. Add in milk & mix until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, blend together melted butter, corn syrup, vanilla, & honey. Add to the potato mixture & blend.
- Pour potato mixture in pie shell. Bake in oven for 50 minutes, or until set.