1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 33 mins
Guests pedal their way to an outdoor feast in Key West, FL.Shaded by palm fronds and papaya trees, guests dining at the Shields home prop their vehicles in the backyard. Donna Shields beams as her guests start to arrive on bikes. There is a roast wrapped in green banana leaves next to a spicy-sweet potato casserole - which is what we prepared and it is an interesting dish!!! (The way I described it appears that we went to the dinner - no we just prepared the sweet potato casserole) Holiday gatherings are notorious for rich fare, but healthy options don't have to be mundane.;) Coastal Living Magazine, November 2008 Edition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bake potatoes at 400ºF on oven rack 1 hour or until soft.
- 2Cool, remove skins.
- 3Place potatoes in a large bowl; add butter.
- 4Beat potatoes at medium speed with an electric beater until mashed.
- 5Stir in jalapenos, 1 cup cheese, salt and pepper.
- 6Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 9 X 13" or 3 quart shallow baking dish; srinklle remaining 1 cup cheese over top.
- 7Bake at 400ºF for 30 minutes or until the edges are bubbly and the cheese is melted.
- 8Heat broiler.
- 9Broil casserole 3 minutes or until cheese is golden and crispy.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato-Jalapeno Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.5
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 432.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 7.9 g