Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Good served with ham, cheese, and honey mustard!
Make and share this Sweet Potato Honey Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, in bits
- 3⁄4 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄3 cup creamed honey
- If using sweet potato or yam from a can, make sure to rinse the syrup from it before mashing.
- If using a freshly-baked sweet potato, peel, mash, and let cool before using in recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- With a pastry blender utensil or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in the mashed sweet potato, half and half, and honey to make dough.
- Turn out the dough onto a floured surface.
- With floured hands, knead the dough lightly a few times to bring the texture together.
- Roll or pat dough evenly to make it 3/4-inch thick.
- With a floured 2 3/4-inch round biscuit cutter, cut into 8 rounds.
- You will need to gather scraps and re-roll to get 8 rounds.
- Place rounds on prepared baking sheet with a flat spatula and bake 20 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer to wire rack and let cool.
- Good served with ham, cheese, and honey mustard!
We thought this was great. I made it with the kids over the weekend, and they had so much fun working with the mashed yam. I didn't know what's "creamed honey", so i just used regular honey, and it worked out fine. thank you for the recipe!
I choose to make these out of all the honey biscuits for the fact it has a vegetable in it, which is always good for you! These were yummy even before they were baked in the oven Although expected them to be more crunchyonce done, Still yummy though. I didnt know how to cut the mix with the knives so i rubbed the mixture with my hands & also substituted the creamed honey for regular honey as we'd just bought a big bucket from our local honey man TY for this recipe Julesong my 1 year old will love these!
These are delicious!! I made them to accompany corn on the cob and my husband's ribs. They were perfect! I, too, used regular honey, and it turned out great. I also used whole wheat flour, which was yummy. Thanks for the recipe!