Good served with ham, cheese, and honey mustard!
Make and share this Sweet Potato Honey Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- If using sweet potato or yam from a can, make sure to rinse the syrup from it before mashing.
- If using a freshly-baked sweet potato, peel, mash, and let cool before using in recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- With a pastry blender utensil or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in the mashed sweet potato, half and half, and honey to make dough.
- Turn out the dough onto a floured surface.
- With floured hands, knead the dough lightly a few times to bring the texture together.
- Roll or pat dough evenly to make it 3/4-inch thick.
- With a floured 2 3/4-inch round biscuit cutter, cut into 8 rounds.
- You will need to gather scraps and re-roll to get 8 rounds.
- Place rounds on prepared baking sheet with a flat spatula and bake 20 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer to wire rack and let cool.
- Good served with ham, cheese, and honey mustard!