1/2 Photos of Sweet Potato Honey Biscuits
Good served with ham, cheese, and honey mustard!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If using sweet potato or yam from a can, make sure to rinse the syrup from it before mashing.
- 2If using a freshly-baked sweet potato, peel, mash, and let cool before using in recipe.
- 3Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 4Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- 5In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- 6With a pastry blender utensil or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 7Stir in the mashed sweet potato, half and half, and honey to make dough.
- 8Turn out the dough onto a floured surface.
- 9With floured hands, knead the dough lightly a few times to bring the texture together.
- 10Roll or pat dough evenly to make it 3/4-inch thick.
- 11With a floured 2 3/4-inch round biscuit cutter, cut into 8 rounds.
- 12You will need to gather scraps and re-roll to get 8 rounds.
- 13Place rounds on prepared baking sheet with a flat spatula and bake 20 minutes or until golden.
- 14Transfer to wire rack and let cool.
- 15Good served with ham, cheese, and honey mustard!
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Honey Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.2
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 28.4 mg
- Sodium 445.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 4.2 g