1/1 Photo of Sweet Potato Cranberry Quiche
chef's daughter's Note:
This makes a beautiful presentation, and tastes so yummy (the kids will never know it's got VEGETABLES in it!) A friend passed along the recipe (after we all raved) from a 1978 vegetarian cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare the short crust (or get your Pillsbury out of the fridge!) Line an 11-inch quiche pan with it, and pre-bake.
- 2Peel the sweet potatoes and carrots and grate by hand or shred in food processor.
- 3Put them in a pot, douse with boiling, salted water, bring to a boil, and cook for 5 minutes.
- 4Drain well.
- 5Wash the cranberries removing soft or brown berries.
- 6Put them in a non-reactive pot with sugar and cook them covered, over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Remove the lid and cook the berries 5 minutes more, stirring constantly-- you want them soft, but not popped.
- 8Add the potatoes and carrots and cook for 4 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- 9Beat together the milk, eggs, cream cheese, nutmeg and salt.
- 10Stir in the vegetable mixture and pour the filling carefully into the prepared shell.
- 11Bake at 375°F for 40 minutes or until the filling is firm.
- 12Can be made day before and re-warmed.
- 13Can serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Cranberry Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.6
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 168.5 mg
- Sodium 408.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 28.6 g
- Protein 10.0 g