I absolutely love this dish. I got the recipe from my mom, but have added a couple of things to it. It is usually something that our family makes for the holidays, but we love it so much that I make it throughout the year.
- Boil or microwave potatoes until tender. Wait for them to cool enough so, that you can peel them. The peeling should slide right off.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash the potatoes.
- Combine all the ingredients for the base.
- Add them to the mashed potatoes and stir well.
- After mixed, place in a casserole dish. I usually use an 8 x 14 rectangle. Depending on how little or how much you are making.
- Combine ingredients for topping. Except marshmallows, if using them. The mixture should be kind of crumbly.
- Spread evenly on top.
- Place in oven and cook for 35 to 40 minutes.
- When done spread marshmallows on top and put back in the oven for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.