1/2 Photos of Sweet Potato Casserole - Southern Style
1 hr 45 mins
I absolutely love this dish. I got the recipe from my mom, but have added a couple of things to it. It is usually something that our family makes for the holidays, but we love it so much that I make it throughout the year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 -6 sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Boil or microwave potatoes until tender. Wait for them to cool enough so, that you can peel them. The peeling should slide right off.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Mash the potatoes.
- 4Combine all the ingredients for the base.
- 5Add them to the mashed potatoes and stir well.
- 6After mixed, place in a casserole dish. I usually use an 8 x 14 rectangle. Depending on how little or how much you are making.
- 7Combine ingredients for topping. Except marshmallows, if using them. The mixture should be kind of crumbly.
- 8Spread evenly on top.
- 9Place in oven and cook for 35 to 40 minutes.
- 10When done spread marshmallows on top and put back in the oven for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Potato Casserole - Southern Style
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.6
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 49.4 mg
- Sodium 147.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 28.4 g
- Protein 3.0 g