Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This dish is beyond redemption -- it's really more like a dessert than a side dish. But, boy, is it good ... once a year at Thanksgiving, it's irresistible.
- 3 cups sweet potatoes (or yams, cooked and mashed)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar (dark brown is better)
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- In large mixing bowl, combine mashed sweet potatoes/yams, sugar, eggs, butter, milk, and vanilla.
- Pour into a 9" square greased baking dish.
- Mix brown sugar, flour, pecans and 1/3 cup melted butter together. Sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
Yummy! Hubby and kids love it! So do I :) MUST TRY THIS!
Used yams. Made the topping with less butter to create a crumb topping instead and left out the nuts. I riced the yams for a fluffier texture which everyone loved. It was the favorite at Thanksgiving. Just a wonderful foundation recipe that was easily adjusted for family tastes.