Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is our favorite sweet potato casserole. We love the pecans on top. I cook the sweet potatoes the day before.
- Beat sweet potatoes, sugar, milk, butter, egg, salt and maple flavoring until smooth.
- Put into greased 2 qt casserole.
- In small bowl, mix brown sugar, pecans and flour.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over sweet potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45 minutes.
I made this for Christmas dinner, and it was the best Sweet Potato dish I've ever had. My father-in-law (who loves sweet potatoes) said the topping tasted like candy, and he had triple helpings. It was wonderful!
This recipe is awesome, Its even better than my sister-in-laws and she wouldn't given me hers now that she has tried mine she is willing to give me the recipe if I give this one.LOL
Yum! I made minor changes (soy milk, egg replacer & vegan butter) with great success. I also did half of the topping with almonds (for DH). It was good; sort of like a toffee. I'll stick with pecans. Thanks for a great recipe!