Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
For those following a low GI diet this is an ideal alternative to potato mash.
Make and share this Sweet Potato and Goats Cheese Mash recipe from Food.com.
- 200 g sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, in skins tips removed
- 75 g soft goat cheese, cubed
- lemon juice
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander
- Heat oven to 350F/180C.
- Place the potato, garlic and oil in a small oven proof dish and toss well. Cover and roast for 25 minutes.
- Squeeze the garlic into the potato (be careful it will be HOT!) and add the goats cheese. Mash everything together well.
- Add lemon juice and black pepper if desired.
I had no doubt that I would love this, since I love goat cheese with sett potatoes and yams. Roasting the seet potatoes and garlic really brings out a nice sweetness and mellows the garlic a bit. I made this just as written and wouldn't change a thing. Thanx!
This is very similar to a Bon Appetit recipe that I have been making and just adore. It uses about a 1/3 of the goat cheese, plus a 1/2 tablespoon of melted butter and a 1/4 teaspoon of truffle oil. The combination of sweet potato with goat cheese and truffle oil is sensational! This recipe would serve one for us.
I've made this a number of times, but never commented! The potato and cheese mix provides a strange, tangy taste which I adore. I once added some dijon mustard, which was made it even tangier, but it's not a necessary addition. Generally a very tasty dish, although it might not be to everyone's taste.