1/1 Photo of Sweet N Sour Bean Salad
I am not fond of bean salad, but this one i will eat and enjoy. From cooking light 1988
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can green beans, rinsed and drained (or 3/4 lb. fresh in season- trim and steam to tender crisp)
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced purple onion
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard (we like dijon)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- celery leaves (optional)
- 1Combine green beans and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl, toss gently and set aside.
- 2Combine vinegar and next 5 ingredients in a small nonaluminum saucepan, place over medium heat, and cook 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- 3Pour over bean mixture, toss gently to coat.
- 4Cover and chill 8 hours.
- 5Garnish with a celery leaf, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet N Sour Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.7
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 141.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 5.7 g