Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I keep these around for my husband to snack on. He loves pecans. Recipe is from Southern Living.
Make and share this Sweet and Spicy Texas Pecans recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb chopped pecans or 1⁄2 lb pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix the pecans and melted butter in a foil-lined jellyroll pan.
- Put in a 350 degree oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Mix together the sugar and pepper; sprinkle half the sugar mixture over the pecans and bake for 5 more minutes, stirring once.
- Take pan out of oven and sprinkle remaining sugar mixture over pecans; toss to coat.
Easy, quick, sweet, spicy and delicious - what's not to like? I did kick up the heat because I like spicy snacks. I used 3/4 teaspoon cayenne. And I lined my jelly roll pan with parchment which not only made clean up easy, but made it easy to roll the pecans around to coat them.
Husband loved them, but requested that next time I make them a bit hotter - will do! Thank you for posing.
These are very good. My first instinct was to make them HOTTER! but these are not for me they are for others so I left thwem as is, perfect. Slight heat at the very end of the bite.