Another lovely cardamom recipe, this one is adapted from the fantastic 'The Great Scandinavian Baking Book' by Beatrice Ojakangas. You can buy cardamom already ground but I prefer grinding it myself in a mortar and pestle, it's much tastier.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9-inch tube or bundt pan with butter; dust with cookie crumbs, set aside.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a small bowl; set aside.
- Mix sugar and butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes; add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition, about 5 minutes total.
- Beat in cardamom and cinnamon; add flour mixture; beat until just combined; add sour cream, beat until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes; turn out on a wire rack; cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.