I asked for some sugar free cranberry sauce recipes on the diabetic forum and got this recipe from LARavenscroft! I added it for safe keeping and to share. Cranberries have 6 carbs per half cup. Total recipe has 12 carbs
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse berries and simmer on stove until all the berries are popped.
- 2Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- 3You may strain the berries if you want a smooth sauce.
- 4In a microwave safe container pour the 1 cup of cold water and sprinkle the gelatin over the top.
- 5Allow the gelatin to soften (about 1 minute).
- 6Microwave on high for a couple of minutes until the water is hot and the liquid is clear. It is not necessary to boil.
- 7Stir this into the cooked cranberries or the strained juice.
- 8Make sure it is cooled to room temperature, then add your sweetener.
- 9Taste to see if it is sweet enough and then refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar Free Thanksgiving Cranberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 16.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 1.5 g