Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I asked for some sugar free cranberry sauce recipes on the diabetic forum and got this recipe from LARavenscroft! I added it for safe keeping and to share. Cranberries have 6 carbs per half cup. Total recipe has 12 carbs
- Rinse berries and simmer on stove until all the berries are popped.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- You may strain the berries if you want a smooth sauce.
- In a microwave safe container pour the 1 cup of cold water and sprinkle the gelatin over the top.
- Allow the gelatin to soften (about 1 minute).
- Microwave on high for a couple of minutes until the water is hot and the liquid is clear. It is not necessary to boil.
- Stir this into the cooked cranberries or the strained juice.
- Make sure it is cooled to room temperature, then add your sweetener.
- Taste to see if it is sweet enough and then refrigerate.
I was looking at this for the holiday. I would change more of the splenda and add the slice almond or another nuts.