Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Makes a perfect side dish for your holiday turkey or pork main courses. The availability of summer squash makes this side dish a great choice any time of year.
- 1 (6 ounce) bag seasoned stuffing mix
- 5 cups sliced summer squash (about 4 medium) or 5 cups zucchini (about 4 medium)
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced onion seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions, except reduce water to 3/4 cup.
- Spread half of the prepared stuffing in 2-quart baking dish.
- In large saucepan cook squash and carrot, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain well.
- Stir in soup, sour cream, minced onion seasoning and pepper.
- Spoon vegetable mixture over stuffing.
- Top with remaining stuffing.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until heated through.
family loves this.
I liked this dish. It's different than how I normally fix summer squash so it was a nice change. Very flavorful.