1 hr 10 mins
Rhonda O's Note:
Makes a perfect side dish for your holiday turkey or pork main courses. The availability of summer squash makes this side dish a great choice any time of year.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) bag seasoned stuffing mix
- 5 cups sliced summer squash (about 4 medium) or 5 cups zucchini (about 4 medium)
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced onion seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions, except reduce water to 3/4 cup.
- 3Spread half of the prepared stuffing in 2-quart baking dish.
- 4In large saucepan cook squash and carrot, covered, in a small amount of boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- 5Drain well.
- 6Stir in soup, sour cream, minced onion seasoning and pepper.
- 7Spoon vegetable mixture over stuffing.
- 8Top with remaining stuffing.
- 9Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffing & Summer Squash Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.7
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 9.4 mg
- Sodium 590.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: