Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a quick and crispy way to make stuffing the life of your Thanksgiving celebration. The recipe can be made ahead and warmed just before serving. This recipe will make 12 muffins.
- Fry the bacon in a large saute pan until just brown and crispy.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and pour off excess grease from the pan.
- Coarsely chop the onions and celery and saute in the pan with the butter until soft and translucent.
- Add the poultry seasoning and stir for a minute or two.
- Return the bacon to the pan along with the cubed bread.
- Moisten with the turkey or chicken broth and stir well to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to cool slightly while the bread absorbs the broth.
- Grease a muffin tin with butter.
- Scoop portions of the stuffing into 3-inch balls and place into each muffin cup.
- Bake at 400 degrees until the tops and sides are light brown, about 15-20 minutes, depending on your oven; this is just an estimate so watch closely!