1/1 Photo of Streusel Pumpkin Pie
1 hr 5 mins
I'm so surprised this hasnt already been posted! I made this lastyear for a church picnic and got 2nd place in the pie contest. AND this guy tasted my pie and offered to pay me to make him some for Thanksgiving! And of course I took up the offer!! LOL! Make this, its so much better than the average pumpkin pie. You won't be sorry!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup Crisco shortening, plus
- 1 tablespoon Crisco shortening
- 4 -5 tablespoons water
- 1 (30 ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1In a bowl, combine flour, pecans and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly.
- 2Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms.
- 3Divide dough in half.
- 4Roll out each portion to fit a 9 inch pie plate; place pastry in pie plates.
- 5Flute edges and set aside.
- 6Combine pie mix, milk and egg; pour into pastry shells.
- 7For topping, combine sugar, flour, pecans and cinnamon in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly.
- 8Sprinkle over filling.
- 9Cover edges loosely with foil.
- 10Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 11Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours.
- 12Refrigerate until serving.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Streusel Pumpkin Pie
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.1
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 36.5 mg
- Sodium 413.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 27.0 g
- Protein 6.7 g