I'm so surprised this hasnt already been posted! I made this lastyear for a church picnic and got 2nd place in the pie contest. AND this guy tasted my pie and offered to pay me to make him some for Thanksgiving! And of course I took up the offer!! LOL! Make this, its so much better than the average pumpkin pie. You won't be sorry!!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup Crisco shortening, plus
- 1 tablespoon Crisco shortening
- 4 -5 tablespoons water
- 1 (30 ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- In a bowl, combine flour, pecans and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly.
- Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until a ball forms.
- Divide dough in half.
- Roll out each portion to fit a 9 inch pie plate; place pastry in pie plates.
- Flute edges and set aside.
- Combine pie mix, milk and egg; pour into pastry shells.
- For topping, combine sugar, flour, pecans and cinnamon in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over filling.
- Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 375 for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours.
- Refrigerate until serving.