Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Stop laughing! Nobody sat on these! You're saying YOU SAT ON THE BROWNIES?!?!? Oh No!
Make and share this Squash Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups grated zucchini or 2 cups yellow squash, drained
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter, oil, and sugars together in a large mixing bowl; beat in eggs.
- Add vanilla and buttermilk, stirring well.
- In another bowl, mix together dry ingredients (except nuts and chocolate chips), then add in small amounts to the wet ingredients, stirring well after each addition.
- Add the grated squash to the batter, and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured oblong 9x11 baking pan and sprinkle with nuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until it tests done.
- Cut into squares when cool.
Wonderful. They have a cake-like texture. My husband loves them also. I'll try them next on my co-workers who hate vegetables. They'll never know they are eating squash.
These were excellent! I used zucchini and mini chocolate chips which I just threw into the batter. These were a rich, cake like brownie.