Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Even spinach haters will love this.
Make and share this Spinach Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Cook the spinach according to the package. Drain add the softened cream cheese and 1/2 the butter.
- Mix well with the seasonings; add to casserole pan.
- Cover with the herb stuffing to form a crust.
- Melt remaining butter and pour over the top.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly hot.
SPINACH LOVERS, don't overlook this recipe. This has so many possibilities...I think I may add mushrooms next time - or you could even make a main dish out of it by adding cooked chicken or turkey. I used fat-free cream cheese and it was great so imagine how good it is with regular cream cheese! Don't be afraid to be liberal with the cayenne, it really adds depth to the flavor of this dish.
I made this on a whim for the inlaws... we all loved it, kids and adults alike! My Mom asked for the recipe, it was a real success! Only changes I made was adding some onion instead of seasoning, and a small handful of cheddar on top before the stuffing mix. THANK YOU for sharing!
I have tried several spinach casseroles and this one ranks at the top of my "go to" list. It is very easy to throw together during a weeknight. Just put the spinach in the fridge the night before and you are halfway to finished....