Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are so yummy and freeze well in plastic bags.
Make and share this Spinach and Cheese Squares recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in a 9x13 inch pan.
- Beat eggs.
- Add flour, milk, salt and baking powder.
- Add cheese and spinach, mixing well.
- Spread into pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Cool 30 minutes before serving.
- Cut into squares.
- These freeze well in plastic bags.
Very tasty. I too used forzen spinach which worked out well. The only thing I would change is the amount of butter. I think (half the amount) 2 oz. would have been fine. The choice of cheese was good. My husband, who presumbaly, doesn't like spinach thought these were pretty tasty.
These were good - my husband kept snatching squares out of the refridgerator all day! I thought them just a bit bland by themselves (were great with spaghetti sauce to dip them in) but I think some garlic and maybe a bit of cayenne powder will add a lot of flavor. Jack cheese was a great choice. I used frozen spinach as that's what I had; the finshed product is a very pretty dish (some red, maybe diced pimentoes, would look lovely, too.)