Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are so yummy and freeze well in plastic bags.
Make and share this Spinach and Cheese Squares recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in a 9x13 inch pan.
- Beat eggs.
- Add flour, milk, salt and baking powder.
- Add cheese and spinach, mixing well.
- Spread into pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Cool 30 minutes before serving.
- Cut into squares.
- These freeze well in plastic bags.
Very tasty. I too used forzen spinach which worked out well. The only thing I would change is the amount of butter. I think (half the amount) 2 oz. would have been fine. The choice of cheese was good. My husband, who presumbaly, doesn't like spinach thought these were pretty tasty.
These were good - my husband kept snatching squares out of the refridgerator all day! I thought them just a bit bland by themselves (were great with spaghetti sauce to dip them in) but I think some garlic and maybe a bit of cayenne powder will add a lot of flavor. Jack cheese was a great choice. I used frozen spinach as that's what I had; the finshed product is a very pretty dish (some red, maybe diced pimentoes, would look lovely, too.)