1/3 Photos of Spicy Roasted Sweet Potatoes With Orange & Honey
By Karen and Ben Barker, from Fine Cooking, issue #47. I have slightly adapted this recipe as I wanted a bit more spice to these sweet potatoes. This is a great addition to any holiday spread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, more for the pan
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika (regular is fine if you don't have smoked)
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, preferably the same size and shape, peeled, halved crosswise, and quartered lengthwise (2 lb. total)
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Heat the oven to 400°F Lightly butter a large Pyrex or ceramic baking dish that can hold the sweet potato wedges in one layer.
- 2In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Whisk in the honey, orange juice, and spices. Put the sweet potatoes in the buttered baking dish, add the honey mixture, and toss the pieces well to coat them thoroughly. Arrange the sweet potatoes in a single layer; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3Roast until the potatoes are browned and tender and the juices are bubbly and thickened, 45 to 55 minutes. To ensure even roasting, stir and baste several times with the pan juices, doing so more frequently toward the end of roasting. Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Roasted Sweet Potatoes With Orange & Honey
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.2
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 73.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 19.7 g
- Protein 2.3 g