1/1 Photo of Spicy Butternut Squash or Pumpkin Biscuits With Pecans
This I came up with a combo of a couple of recipes. Hey sweet potato will be an other good one to use in here to replace the butternut. Go easy adding wet ingredients or if the dough is to sticky go ahead and use a little more flour. Give a basket full of these for a house warming gift. Method for pureeing butternut Pureed Squash Butternut, Acorn Any Hard Winter Squash!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked mashed butternut squash or 2 cups pumpkin
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon clove
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans, crushed
- 1Sift together flour, salt, baking soda, spices, and sugar, stir in pecans.
- 2Mix together the squash, butter and buttermilk.
- 3Mix together dry and wet ingredients.
- 4Using only enough wet or dry to make a soft dough.
- 5Shape the dough into a ball and knead lightly on a well-floured board.
- 6Roll the dough out 1-inch thick and cut with a 2-inch biscuit cutter.
- 7Bake in a greased baking pan in a 400°F oven for 15-20 minutes or until brown.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Butternut Squash or Pumpkin Biscuits With Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (1347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 121.4
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 12.6 mg
- Sodium 247.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 2.2 g