Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I keep spiced nuts on hand most of the time. They are great in salads and they make a nice munchie. They also make a nice gift.
- Lightly oil a foil lined baking sheet.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the ginger, curry powder, and cayenne.
- Saute until fragrant, about 5 seconds.
- Stir in the sugar and honey.
- Then add the nuts.
- Stir until mixture is amber colored and nuts are coated well, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer the nuts to the prepared baking sheet.
- Separate the nuts as they cool.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
I liked the sort of crunchy glaze these made. The flavor was nice, but I was expected more spiciness. Thank you for sharing your recipe Normaone!
I cut the honey a bix and used the same amount of pre-mixed nuts (no peanuts). The results were a hit and the bowls were clean by the end of the evening.