1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Great with turkey, chicken and pork. Don't let the long list of ingredients scare you - 8 of them are spices/herbs. If you are in a hurry, use a package of Pepperidge Farms cornbread stuffing in place of the cornbread. However, the homemade cornbread is worth the effort! Brown gravy ladled over each serving makes it Scrumptuous! My family requests this dish often, and there is never any left over! I always keep one of these casseroles in the freezer for unexpected house guests.
My Private Note
9x13 in ...
Units: US | Metric
HERBS FOR DRESSING
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt substitute or 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground sage
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1Note: This casserole freezes well, uncooked.
- 2If frozen, thaw before baking.
- 3CORNBREAD: Mix cornbread mix with egg substitute and skim milk.
- 4Pour into a 8x8-inch or 9x9-inch baking pan, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- 5Bake at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- 6Cool and crumble into pieces and place in a LARGE bowl.
- 7DRESSING: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 8Spray 9x13-inch casserole with non-stick cooking spray.
- 9To the bowl of cornbread, add all of the Herbs and stir to mix.
- 10Add all remaining ingredients and stir to moisten mixture.
- 11Dressing should be very moist.
- 12Add a little more water if needed to make mixture very soft.
- 13Pour dressing mixture into prepared casserole, cover with foil and bake 45 minutes.
- 14Uncover, and bake an additional 15-25 minutes or until top just starts to brown.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Savory Dressing - Low Fat
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.1
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.5 mg
- Sodium 626.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Jiffy cornbread mix
low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules