1/1 Photo of Southern Cornbread
This is an easy, traditional, slightly sweet Southern cornbread. I often make a batch to use in my homemade stuffing/dressing casserole. It freezes well after cooking.
My Private Note
9x9 inc ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Spray 9x9-inch baking pan with Bakers' Joy or grease and flour.
- 3In large bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix well.
- 4Add liquid ingredients and stir by hand just enough to mix; do not over-mix.
- 5Pour into prepared pan.
- 6Bake 20-25 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
- 7Cut into nine 3-inch squares.
- 8Variation: Substitute non-fat buttermilk for the skim milk and add 1/2 tsp. baking soda.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Southern Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.5
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 21.2 mg
- Sodium 278.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 4.2 g