Don't give in to the boxed stuffing, make your own tasty accompaniment to the turkey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 Italian sausages
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 cups cubed sourdough bread, 1/2 inch (about 1 pound)
- 1 (16 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Remove casings from sausage.
- 3Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add sausage and cook for 5 minutes until browned, stirring to crumble.
- 4Add onion and celery, and cook for a couple more minutes.
- 5Stir in parsley and next 5 ingredients.
- 6Place sausage mixture in a large bowl, stir in the bread and broth.
- 7Spoon stuffing into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 8Cover and bake for 15 minutes, then uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sourdough-Sausage Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 994.5
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.7 mg
- Sodium 2037.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 176.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 41.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth