Don't give in to the boxed stuffing, make your own tasty accompaniment to the turkey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 Italian sausages
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 cups cubed sourdough bread, 1/2 inch (about 1 pound)
- 1 (16 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Remove casings from sausage.
- 3Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add sausage and cook for 5 minutes until browned, stirring to crumble.
- 4Add onion and celery, and cook for a couple more minutes.
- 5Stir in parsley and next 5 ingredients.
- 6Place sausage mixture in a large bowl, stir in the bread and broth.
- 7Spoon stuffing into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 8Cover and bake for 15 minutes, then uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sourdough-Sausage Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 994.5
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.7 mg
- Sodium 2037.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 176.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 41.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth