Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Don't give in to the boxed stuffing, make your own tasty accompaniment to the turkey.
Make and share this Sourdough-Sausage Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
- 3 Italian sausages
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 cups cubed sourdough bread, 1/2 inch (about 1 pound)
- 1 (16 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove casings from sausage.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add sausage and cook for 5 minutes until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Add onion and celery, and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Stir in parsley and next 5 ingredients.
- Place sausage mixture in a large bowl, stir in the bread and broth.
- Spoon stuffing into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Cover and bake for 15 minutes, then uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes or until golden brown.