Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is an easy potato recipe when I don't feel like making a real cheese sauce.
Make and share this Souper Easy Au Gratin Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 3 medium red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken with herbs soup
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup Cheese Whiz
- 1 cup cheese
- 1 cup of diced ham
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 flour
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- I used a 10x7-inch dish for this recipe.
- Slice potatoes (I leave the skins on because it is quicker, but you can take them off if you like).
- Mix together the soup, milk, and Cheese Whiz (if you do not want to use Cheese Whiz it should still turn out fine, I have yet to try it that way).
- Cut butter into small cubes.
- Grease pan or spray it.
- Now layer in dish.
- Start with half of the potatoes.
- Then half of the butter, half of flour, salt n pepper, and half of the soup mix.
- Then add half of the cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake for 45-1 hour (It only took mine 45 minutes, but I sliced my potatoes very thin).
- Then remove cover.
- Sprinkle with paprika and cook for another 15 minutes or until done.
It was very tasty! But there was too much sauce and not enough potatoes for us. I would recommend using a 9x13 pan and 5 potatoes for that much sauce. But good cheesy flavor. I used garlic salt instead of regular salt, and it added a little something.
Another dish I made for a pot luck dinner we were having (I tripled the recipe). I peeled the potatoes and then followed your directions exactly. This is a perfect dish when feeding a crowd. The potatoes were creamy and cheesy. Actually this is a meal in itself. Thanks again, CrystalA.