Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Low fat chicken or turkey gravy, great for the holidays, and your waistline!
Make and share this Skinny Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- Shake can of stock and pour into a sauce pan, add beef cube, olive oil and bring to a simmer.
- In a small bowl combine the corn starch with some water about 4 tablespoons, and stir.
- When stock comes to a boil add corn starch slurry.
- The mixture will start to become thick, when the consistency is to your liking remove from heat.
- If it doesn't thicken enough repeat step 2, by adding another portion of slurry.
When dealing with anything thickened with cornstarch, it is best to wait till last minute to add it. If you add it ahead of time as in your case, it breaks down and becomes liquidy. Thank you for trying my recipe I am really glad you liked it.
taste great you would never know that it is low in colories
After reading the other reviews I thought I would try it with chicken flavored cube instead of beef. We liked the flavor but it was a bit too salty. Will try again and experiment more. Thanks for the post.