1/3 Photos of Simple Double Pie Crust
Sue Lau's Note:
Great for your favorite fillings.
My Private Note
"9 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour before measuring; spoon lightly into measuring cup and level without shaking or packing down.
- 2Combine flour and salt.
- 3With a pastry blender or two knives, cut in vegetable shortening until uniform; mixture should be fairly coarse.
- 4Sprinkle with water, a tablespoon at a time; toss with a fork.
- 5Work dough into a firm ball with your hands; divide dough into two parts and press into flat circles with smooth edges.
- 6On a lightly floured surface, roll bottom crust to a circle about 1 1/2" larger than inverted pie plate.
- 7Gently ease dough into pie plate; trim edge even with plate and add filling.
- 8Moisten rim of bottom crust with water.
- 9Roll top crust the same way and lift onto filled pie; trim 1/2" beyond the edge of pie plate.
- 10Fold top edge under bottom crust and flute with fingers or fork.
- 11Prick or slit top crust to allow for escape of steam; bake according to time and temperature recommended for filling used.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Double Pie Crust
Serving Size: 1 (469 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2269.1
- Calories from Fat 1405
- Total Fat 156.2 g
- Saturated Fat 44.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2331.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 190.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 25.8 g