Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 5 mins
It should speak for itself.
Make and share this Shrimp and Cornbread Stuffing recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
Shrimp and Cornbread stuffing
- cornbread (ingredients above)
- 1 lb unpeeled fresh shrimp (medium-sized)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb andouille sausage, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (or frozen whole kernel, thawed)
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ------------For Yellow Cornbread-------------.
- Heat a well-greased 10-inch ovenproof skillet at 450°F for 5 minutes Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir together egg and next 2 ingredients; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Pour batter into the hot skillet Bake at 450°F for 20 minutes or until golden.
- ----------For Shrimp and Cornbread Stuffing------------.
- Cut cornbread into 1-inch cubes.
- Arrange in a single layer in a 15x10-inch jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Peel shrimp and devien shrimp; set aside.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat; add onion and garlic, and sauté until tender.
- Add shrimp, sausage, green onions, corn, and jalapeño pepper.
- Cook stirring constantly until shrimp begin to turn pink.
- Remove from heat (shrimp will still be raw). Stir in cumin and next 5 ingredients.
- Fold in cornbread.
- Spoon into a lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.