2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 5 mins
This mold is so creamy and so good - yum! It is easy to prepare and can be done in advance. This is originally courtesy of Ms. Paula Deen but have tweaked it a bit here and there.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb medium shrimp
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, finely chopped, white & green parts
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 dash hot sauce, Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced garnish
- parsley, sliced & chopped, garnish
- 1Bring 2 cups water with 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon lemmon juice & dash of black pepper to boil in a medium saucepan and add the shrimp.
- 2When the water returns to the boil, turn off the heat, cover the pot, and allow the shrimp to sit for 5 minutes.
- 3Drain, peel and devein.
- 4Place the shrimp in processor and pulse about 8-10 times, until finely chopped but not mushy.
- 5Mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, green onions, mustard, pinch of black pepper and hot sauce, if using; in a bowl mix, until well combined - then stir in shrimp.
- 6Line a 2-cup mold or glass bowl with plastic wrap, leaving lots of overhang.
- 7Place the shrimp mixture into the mold, packing tightly with a spatula.
- 8Cover with plastic wrap overhang and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 9When ready to serve, unwrap the overhang and invert the mold onto a plate.
- 10Remove the plastic wrap.
- 11Garnish with parsley and lemon slices.
- 12Allow to come to room temperature before serving with water crackers or any other favorite snack cracker.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sensational Shrimp Mold
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.0
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 161.8 mg
- Sodium 771.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 18.8 g