Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 5 mins
This mold is so creamy and so good - yum! It is easy to prepare and can be done in advance. This is originally courtesy of Ms. Paula Deen but have tweaked it a bit here and there.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb medium shrimp
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, finely chopped, white & green parts
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 dash hot sauce, Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced garnish
- parsley, sliced & chopped, garnish
- Bring 2 cups water with 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon lemmon juice & dash of black pepper to boil in a medium saucepan and add the shrimp.
- When the water returns to the boil, turn off the heat, cover the pot, and allow the shrimp to sit for 5 minutes.
- Drain, peel and devein.
- Place the shrimp in processor and pulse about 8-10 times, until finely chopped but not mushy.
- Mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, green onions, mustard, pinch of black pepper and hot sauce, if using; in a bowl mix, until well combined - then stir in shrimp.
- Line a 2-cup mold or glass bowl with plastic wrap, leaving lots of overhang.
- Place the shrimp mixture into the mold, packing tightly with a spatula.
- Cover with plastic wrap overhang and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, unwrap the overhang and invert the mold onto a plate.
- Remove the plastic wrap.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon slices.
- Allow to come to room temperature before serving with water crackers or any other favorite snack cracker.